This is a question frequently raised by BC Managers, BC Chairs and Unit owners as questions of how responsibilities and costs are managed and apportioned – this could arise from a major project, or more straightforward cases of refurbishment, deck and balustrade maintenance and roof or cladding replacements. Or liability for damage and potential insurance claims.?
We are delighted that Neale Faulkner (Yeomans ;Survey Solutions Ltd) and Michelle Hill (Kensington Swan) will be presenting on:
- Underlying principles behind the dividing of the gross unit title property into individual titles
- Surveying and conveyancing aspects, including the title framework
- Where vertical and horizontal lines are drawn and the special principles involved
- How ownership and utility interest are calculated
- How these are converted into the legal framework
- How and where to find out about the accuracy of your building’s spatial boundaries
- What to do if you find discrepancies or have disputes
- Discussion of recent case law and a Case Study on such matters
There will be opportunity for members to ask questions or to share their own experiences on such matters, and to informally discuss experience with the presenters after the meeting.
- Auckland Branch AGM – 2016-17 report / budget for 2017-18 / election of Officers / topics for BCCG National AGM 25th September 2017.
See formal notice of meeting and papers
- Update on national BCCG and general topical updates including SCA(NZ)
- My unit title property – where does it start and end ?