BCCG and Strata Community Association (NZ)
Strata Community Association (NZ)
The Strata Community Association (NZ) is a chapter of an Australian not-for-profit company. SCA (NZ) was established in New Zealand in 2016. More info…
The goals and objectives of the BCCG are strongly aligned with those of SCA(NZ). In 2017 the BCCG opened dialogue with SCA(NZ), to establish how both organisations might benefit from a closer association.
Whilst the principal focus of our respective organisations is different, the differences are quite complimentary. SCA(NZ) has a focus on the skills development of professional practitioners in the industry and BCCGs principal focus is support and information sharing with Body Corporate Chairs and Committees.
Memorandum of Co-operation
In September 2017, the BCCG and Strata Community Association (NZ) signed a Memorandum of Co-operation which contains the following features:
- BCCG and SCA(NZ) will maintain Corporate Membership of each other's associations, renewable annually.
- For BCCG members, this means individual BCs do not have to independently join SCA to secure benefits.
- SCA(NZ) will focus on Professional membership (BC Managers) and BCCG will focus on BC Chairs, Committees and owners.
- SCA(NZ) will continue to develop committee training courses, and professional training courses both in person and on-line, with discounted rates for BCCG members.
- SCA(NZ) and BCCG will continue to collaborate at Executive level and to communicate regularly on education, PR, advocacy, law reform, events, etc.
2022 SCA(NZ) Events and Education
- 7-10 June 2022 - NZ100 Course for BC Managers and service providers
- 17 June 2022 - Mid-Winter Christmas Party
- 4 August 2022 - Committee and Chair's Training course (delivered on-line)
- 8 September 2022 - SCA(NZ)/ADLS Symposium