SECTION 1 General Updates (as below) - 5:30pm to 6:00pm
- BCCG matters (including National Body AGM)
- EQC Inquiry Update download file
- Government Budget - Residential Earthquake Prone Building (Financial Assistance Package) Download EPB FAS file
- New MBIE Website www.unittitles.govt.nz
- June 2019 Australasian Conference for parent body SCAL held recently in Auckland
- Status of planned Committee and Chair Course 26th August 2019 (registration form)
- New event Auckland District Law Society / SCA(NZ) Symposium 27th August 2019
SECTION 2 AGM - 6:00pm to 6:30pm (AGM end time indicative only)
The following papers are provided as noted below, and are also available on the BCCG website.
- Presidents Report plus Financial Report 30 June 2019 and Budget 2019-20 download file here
- Nominations for Officers and Committee (please see note below)
- Proposed changes to the Constitution - download file here
- Table of resolutions - download file here
Proxy form - if you are unable to attend, please complete and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th August 2019
We will also consider late nominations for the committee (including self-nominations) provided these are seconded and biographies provided no later than 9th August.
SECTION 3 Presentation and discussion topics - from 6:30pm (or later if AGM runs longer)
While we are assembling presentations and a panel who will provide comment on the following, we will be seeking input from members on their own experiences on the following topics:
- Conservation of resources to minimise BC costs
- Water usage and conservation
- Electricity usage and alternative sources
- Green building practices
- Insurance updates:
- Survey results file included
- Insurance checklist for BC guidance
- can BCCG create value / benefit from a combined member initiative ?
- Electric vehicle update:
- May 2019 Worksafe Guidelines
- experiences of members who have completed installations so far
- experiences from members who have incomplete projects
- BCCG Working Group to establish recommendations for BC and BC Chairs, and consider potential Govt support for BC for upfront costs
Members will have opportunity to ask questions or share their own experiences.
Cost: Free to financial members; $40 door charge for non-financial members.
NOTE: two BC representatives from the Chair/Committee of each financial Body Corporate member to attend meetings at no additional cost, with a 3rd (anyone from that BC) at a reduced door fee of $20.