Nigel Wallace and Johann van der Merwe from Wallace McLean Ltd, Risk Advisers and Insurance Brokers, will be joining Deane Moyle, Director of Stamford Insurance Brokers Ltd on our panel of speakers from the Insurance sector. The aim is to help us understand getting the “most bang for our buck” from our insurance spend.
The panel will provide comment on:
- Trends affecting insurance and in particular how these trends might affect the BC sector ?
- This should include the longer term effects of Zoning implementation on level of cover and on premiums.
- Are there any specific high rise implications ?
- Warranty insurance for new builds or major reconstruction projects on existing buildings ?
- What are the critical factors that a BC must recognise in the placement of their annual insurance renewals – what coverage, what level of cover, clarity on exclusions and excesses.
- EQC and NZFS Levy considerations, Air BnB and absentee owner considerations.
- What are the most important considerations from a BC operational viewpoint that help the BC Committee and the BC Manager in managing your BC ?
- What are the critical considerations If you decide to change the current placement of your cover.
- Any other considerations – eg, quarterly premium payments v lump sum annual, loss of revenue / rent insurance, officer liability cover.
On the night, members will have opportunity to ask questions or share their own experiences.
Join us at 5:00pm for refreshments and drinks (cash bar); the meeting will start at 5:30pm.
- National Executive and Branch Update
- Sponsors presentations (a short presentation will be given by each sponsor)
We are pleased to announce three new Gold Sponsors for BCCG (Strata Title Administration Ltd for the November 2017 video program, Blackstone Group and Bspoke Services for the February 2018 video program, and Crockers Body Corporate for National Executive purposes including Officer Liability Insurance for the BCCG Executive Committee).
These three sponsors join Active Building Management Limited and Asante Jewellery Ltd as active Gold sponsors for BCCG.
- SCA(NZ) - BCCG Update - Committee and Chair Training Course 19 June 2018 (separate invitation email sent to financial BC members only).
- Topic for the next meeting (likely to be Electric Vehicles – implications for BC)
Cost: Free to financial members; $40 door charge for non-financial members.
For any queries, please contact the Auckland Branch Treasurer, David Watt email@example.com