Legislative and local body planning changes in the last 7 years have impacted on Bodies Corporate in many areas of governance (UTA2010/UTR 2011, HSWA, Unitary Plan amongst others).
There has been significant variation in Rule changes to manage those matters, and a wide range of standards of rules now exist across the Body Corporate sector.
So we are fortunate to have two eminent speakers to address us on this topic:
- Joanna Pidgeon Principal of Pidgeon Law, and
- Tim Jones Partner of Glaister Ennor.
Both have kindly agreed to cover this topic for us, including the use of a Case Study to highlight areas of potential concern.
It will be about Rules, what have you missed, what do you wish to know – come along and ask your questions.
Some considerations for you:
- Do you understand your BC rules & what must be in them?
- When were your BC rules last reviewed?
- Have you thought about implications of brothels or Airbnb operating in your building?
- What does the new Auckland Unitary Plan mean for your Body Corporate rules?
- What are owners & tenants rights & obligations?
You may wish to bring your BC rules with you to enable you to compare notes with other Chairs.
Also, BCCG Wellington in March 2015 held a presentation by Liza Fry-Irvine (Pidgeon Law) on this topic – we commend this to you as a pre-read to our 11th May presentation. It's available under Members Resources (only available to financial members).
In addition, there will be:
- An update on BCCG matters, including the seeking of feedback from members on topics of interest for future 2017 meetings
- An update BCCG / SCA joint activities