With the introduction of UTA 2010 and UTR 2011, all BC rules were replaced by the limited standard rules contained in the Regulations, and new rules had to be developed, approved by owners and filed with LINZ.
There were significant variations in the level of attention given to the change-over, and there is now a wide range of quality and content in rules across the BC sector.
Questions are often raised by Chairs on this topic and several speakers will address a number of practical issues on rule structure (governance) and the rule changing process. Final details of speakers will be provided in a later notice. Some considerations for you:
- Do you understand your BC rules & what must be in them?
- When were your BC rules last reviewed?
- Do you have rules that are not enforceable?
- Are Committee Policies enforceable?
- Have you thought about implications of brothels or Airbnb operating in your building?
- What does the new Akl Unitary Plan mean for your BC rules?
- What are owners & tenants rights & obligations?
You may wish to bring your BC rules with you to enable you to compare notes with other Chairs.
In addition, there will be:
- An update on BCCG matters, including the seeking of feedback from members on topics of interest for future 2017 meetings
- An update BCCG / SCA joint activities